HIGHLIGHTS 1. A team of people in the gaming industry look over the curriculum that Leslie Aaronson is co-writing to offer as a college recognized A-G course. The gentlemen (yes, all men) then came into the Tech Room to meet with the juniors for an impromptu Q and A
2. The Tech Academy students were offered free admission to the last day of IndieCade – the independent gaming festival. We had close to 20 students take advantage of the opportunity. Two students won an Ouya, all of them networked and one met his favorite YouTube personality –and will soon appear on his YouTube channel.
3. Every student in the 10th grade spent time with a mentor from the senior class and one of our business partner mentors to discuss the do’s and don’ts of interviewing and received feedback and recommendations to improve their resumes
4. 45 Tech Academy students walked together as part of Foshay High School for the Los Angeles AIDS Walk
6. The entire senior class for the Tech Academy completed at least one application to a Cal State school and over 50% of seniors had GPA's over 3.0 and eligible to apply to a UC school, thanks to the assistance of our amazing college counselor, Renysha Scott.
7. One Tech Academy student, Darryl Beason, received the honor of being LAUSD”s first student of the day.